- 500gms white Chocolate Mudcake Mix
- 2 eggs plus water to a total of 350 mls
- 200gms white chocolate buttons
- 125mls Veg oil (canola/sunflower) (or 125gms melted butter)
- Line a 9” cake tin base with silicone paper, grease the sides.
- Melt the choc buttons in a microwave, stir in the oil or melted butter, leave to cool.
- Place mudcake mix, eggs and water in a bowl, beat on low till moist.
- Blend in the chocolate and oil/butter mixture.
- Pour mixture into cake tin.
- Bake for 1-1¼ hrs until cake is firm and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 5-10 mins. Tip out onto a cooling rack.
To Make Ganache Topping.
Thin - 100gms choc buttons Medium 200gms choc buttons Thick - 300gms choc buttons
- Bring 100mls cream to a boil either in a saucepan or in a plastic jug in the microwave, remove from heat and add the white chocolate buttons.
- Cover for a minute or two then stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Add a little orange essence, to taste, if liked.
- The mixture will thicken more when cooled.
- Place cold cake on a support smaller than the cake (not a cooling rack), pour ganache over and lightly spread the ganache around the sides. Spare ganache will drip off the edges.
- Leave to set, then lift the cake off the support onto a serving board/plate.
- Decorate with chocolate caraque/shards plus shards of toffee.
- Melt a small bowl of chocolate buttons.
- Spread the chocolate very thinly on a sheet of silicone paper.
- Roll up the silicone paper, with the chocolate. Allow to set in the fridge.
- When firm, unroll and the chocolate will fall off the paper into shards or flakes.